Pot Liquor (Likker) Soup
- Reviews 2
Ready In: 1 hr 25 mins
Yields: 19 cups
- 1 (16 ounce) package fresh collard greens, chopped
- 2 lbs ham steaks, chopped
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 red potatoes, diced
- 3 (14 1/2ounce) cans chicken broth (you can use your own stock if you'd like)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans field peas, drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans crowder peas, drained
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vermouth
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Bring collard greens and water to cover to a boil in a large Dutch Oven. Remove from heat; drain. Repeat the process if you are boiling in batches.
- Toss together the ham and hot sauce; cook in hot oil in the Dutch Oven over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until browned (while the collards are draining). Add the onion and garlic; saute until tender.
- Stir in greens, potato, and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally for 45 minutes.
Did you Make This?
Tell us how it came out or how you tweaked it, add your photos, or get help.Show Off