Pasta Shells With Chicken and Brussels Sprouts
Ready In: 25 mins
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/3 lb. in all)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb Brussels sprout, cut into quarters from top to stem end (or 1 ten ounce package, frozen)
- 1 cup canned low sodium chicken broth or 1 cup homemade stock
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 lb medium pasta shell
- In a large nonstick frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon each of the oil and the butter over moderate heat. Season the chicken with 1/4 teaspoons each of the salt and pepper. Cook the breasts until browned and just done, 4-5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and let it rest for 5 minutes. Cut into small pieces.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over moderately low heat. Add the red onion and cook, stirirng occasionaly, until starting to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic, Brussels sprouts, broth, and red-pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer and cook, covered, until the Brussels sprouts are just done, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken, lemon juice, parsley, Parmesan, and the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, 3/4 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoons pepper. Remove from heat.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta, until just done, about 10 minutes. Drain and toss with the sauce.
Did you Make This?
Tell us how it came out or how you tweaked it, add your photos, or get help.Show Off